Apart from being a founder of Hexadecimal, I offer consulting services for software companies. Some of my services include:
- Building web applications in Ruby on Rails
- Building static sites
- Web performance optimization (both on the frontend and backend)
- Web security (both on the frontend and backend)
- Linux server administration
- Building internal tools/scripts
- In-depth technical writing
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
I charge an hourly rate, which varies between projects. Shoot me an email to learn more.
To de-risk the engagement, we can commit to a small unit of work to make sure that we're a good fit for each other.
Which technologies/tools do you work with?
- Ruby on Rails and Sinatra for web app prototyping/development
- Capybara, Selenium, and Minitest for testing Rails applications
- PostgreSQL or SQLite
- Ubuntu/Debian Linux for virtual servers
- Bash for server provisioning
- Capistrano for deployments
- Git for version control
- Ruby, Python, or Bash for small-ish scripts
- AWS, DigitalOcean/Linode, or Heroku for deployments
- Email, Github, or Slack as communication mediums
- Ahrefs, Lighthouse and plethora of other tools for SEO/website audit and keyword research
- My development environment consists of macOS, zsh, iTerm2, and Sublime Text 3
Can I see a sample of your work?
- My biggest and best work-to-date is Hexadecimal - a website monitoring and status page service. I built and designed Hexadecimal from scratch, both the marketing site and the web app.
- A consultation done for the client
- Technical writing I've done for Hexadecimal
- Uptime calculator built in HTML/CSS/ES6